Enactment & LARP

If you are willing to step 
Widdershins around the old oak...

Roleplay Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > The Pub/After game feedback

Gideon
Site Owner

This is somthing I feel very strongly about:

As a club we are a social community, we go out into the woods and run about, wack each other with weapons and get involved with some fairly emotive events.

Then.... we just all go home.

This has several problems, 1 - We dont get feedback, everyone just goes home, then slowly, this feedback sifts back to us as rumoure and conjecture, with no discusion and each little group discussing it amongst themselves. 2 - As a social group, we disapear from each others lives, not seeing each other till the next event, with a real curtailed experiance. 3 - As a ref, its easier to collar people, get feedback, sort used and gained items, chat to people about xp and why they have got what they have got.

I think this should change: crew should be looked after for going out of there way all day, the ref desserves to have a chat and discuss the plot etc. and the club needs the social vibe to strengthen the ties socialy between people who hit each other and screw each other over IC. 

Just my thoughts.

Yours?

June 24, 2013 at 5:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

Personally I'd be happy with going to the pub after an event, but only if we finish earlier or were to run on Saturdays. Sunday being a school night means having to get home, eat, and organise ready for work in the morning.

There are definate advantages to having a social / pub / chill out & get together side of a LRP club. It gives people a chance to chin-wag / froth about the event they have just played and to say Thank You to the ref & crew by buying them drinks. It helps bring people together.

_

Pete

June 25, 2013 at 1:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tesla

When you've walked or bus it to the game and been running around all day by the time you've got back home and dorped the kit you don't what to go back out, most of the pubs are back in town and not near the game site, so if could find one near the site it would help. 

--

June 25, 2013 at 5:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

If post-event pubbing doesn't work out, what about just a social afternoon at a pub once every few months?

June 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner
That might work. I mean: we all have work Monday & we have all been running round the woods. This does seem to be trending more to: sat games good? However, there are only four people talking about the events at the mo. I'm interested to say what others have to say.
June 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John Swartz

Saturdays aren't good for me, I have to work and I'll be damned if I'm allowed Saturday off.

--

Theodore Blackthorn, your average undead husband. Here to protect his darling wife and destroy those who threaten his wife - he will be brought back from the dead to become a man again so he can finish his kiss to his wife. He promises over his dead body.

June 26, 2013 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.