Forest Argent 
Enactment & LARP

If you are willing to step 
Widdershins around the old oak...

Roleplay Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Competition Time!

Gideon
Site Owner
This is just a bit of an experiment. One thing that those that played fates dawn can tell you is that I play hard ball with plot. Just because your not doing anything, doesn't mean the npc's aren't. I reward proactive behaviour. If you let it lie, it will come back to bite you! So, for the grand prize of me not ending the world & doing a hard restart: What active plot is going on across the game worlds?
October 8, 2013 at 7:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John Swartz

The mourne of the Mushroom Warboss with the Ladybug knight, the story teller Crow and their goat pascifist have collected the true name of the Horned King before he was pocessed. At the moment they are to my knowledge not up to much but keeping it safe and hidden...At this point I would like to pass you over to our Warboss. XD

--

Theodore Blackthorn, your average undead husband. Here to protect his darling wife and destroy those who threaten his wife - he will be brought back from the dead to become a man again so he can finish his kiss to his wife. He promises over his dead body.

October 8, 2013 at 7:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John Swartz

On a side not the Crow Mourne, Creek-Water, is looking for a magical item that will protect the House of the Written Maple and other mournes. That and a good story, always after a good story..

--

Theodore Blackthorn, your average undead husband. Here to protect his darling wife and destroy those who threaten his wife - he will be brought back from the dead to become a man again so he can finish his kiss to his wife. He promises over his dead body.

October 8, 2013 at 7:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner
Sorry... Was using fates dawn as an example of game worlds I have allowed to be broken if players didn't step up. I meant what plot for forest argent is still bopping around?
October 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John Swartz

Oh then whatever is Theodore and Ruby are up too, I think their just hiding. Akimitsu's after his brother/trying to protect everyone. Otherwise, I am unsure. (Excluding plot on my side of the train tracks.)

--

October 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

Off the top of my head for Forest Argent:

The Island Fort: A small island on the world of Lorian. Used as a trding outpost/supply point by sailing vessels on long journeys. Attacked & conqured by Melnysians, after a group of PCs failed to stop them.

The House of Glass & Nails (who were behind the attack) have shown up on several events and are generally being Bad Guys...

--

The Lord of Birds: A Fey creature who draws power from magic being cast. The "bad guy" who the Blackthorns were basically set up to thwart. Has made deals with a few people. Was given a bit of a set-back by a group in Gate who discovered he was feeding upon the magic of people.

--

Civil War in Gate: As at the end of the "The Hammer Falls" - there's a civil war being fought in Gate.

--

War vs the Crusaders: Troops have entered the Forest Argent (presumarably from Gate, though could be Lorian) and have fought there.

Possibly as a consequence of this a sickness was spreading though the villages within the Forest. A cure was discovered, and may have been spread?

--

Saan Contemplating: The Warlords of the Saan were going to meet and meditate upon the Unmade - deciding if they should kick off war against the other worlds.

--

Alas I've not been able to make a couple of events recently, so there could easily be more.

_

Pete

October 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Qwerty

To be frank there is a huge amount of plot out there.

Melnisians: The invasion of lorien and gate. Alexi's marriage and the hunters.

Vallenstock: The MIA (Alexi and Nikoli), the mystery creature from John's event and Missing commissars.

Avalon: Airships, The 'fox' wanted, the explorers guild and invasion of the forest.

The Master: The forest creatures are now free, Jaegar are roming wild and the Master returns?

Gate: The sorcerer who tried to use debedlem, the discovery of otherworlds, fae ingeneral to be frank are always one big plot line but, medici rex and the civil war

Sann: Meeting the other worlds and the discussion on if they are the great enemy they were made to fight?

Crusaders: War, maybe the four horsemen but, definately the entity called plague and his undead invasion.

Thats just what I can think of off the top of my head, there is more I know some of it hasnt even started. Plot lines that might be now closed are 'the beast and the murder/star stones and the wild hunt. Though both could still come back, there is alot of plot out there, just trying to filter through it and what to do are the big questions.

--

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future

October 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Charlotte Hislop

Aren't the Blackthorns also on a witch hunt?

A couple of plagues kicking about thanks to the avonlians

The being of a civil war too that started to kick off at Caddihoe

--

Sometimes you have to let go other times you have to hold on tight and fight til your last breathe

October 8, 2013 at 12:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner
So... Here's a question... What are you gonna do about that...?
October 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

Gideon at October 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM

So... Here's a question... What are you gonna do about that...?

Possibly a stange question, and likely more suited to an "at the pub chat" (and all meant in the most aimiable, relaxed & groovey way possible), but what sort of options are we - as players - looking at?

The set up for events has had a tendency to be "person X asks PCs to do something" or "the PCs are suddenly in this place, deal with it".

How would you like players to approach dealing with plot?

Should people specifically ask "can we go and do X in Y place to investigate Z next months day event" ?

Would you like to see players starting to organise IC?

I can see some possible difficulties just because characters come from different settings, and there aren't really any communication channels - but I suspect it's something we can fudge round or deal with if we put our minds to it

_

Pete

October 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner
Well, I would love to do that, but alas we don't seem to get that many pub meets. The thing is, I think everyone's forgotten that I'm only putting up plot in the absence of people asking for it. Folk can come to me & say: gideon I would like to run so & so. Though there is the problem with multi world, but characters & npc's have got round that in the past.
October 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete_Walls

Cool, and yes - sadly never enough time to just sit around and chat.

October 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Qwerty
I have met Gideon in the once upon a time. Sadly I like many players have found it hard to arrange it. Busy lives one and all. Post events often many players have previous appointments, what about another meet up time, maybe a none larp sunday? What do you people think?
--

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future

October 9, 2013 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gideon
Site Owner
Generally when we try that Andrew it's even worse, at least people have put the day aside to Rp. The assumption is they are there to be social & have put the day aside to enjoy each others company, hit each other with sticks & then coalesce our enjoyment in a social scenario where we can also provide natural and relaxed feedback.
October 10, 2013 at 6:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Qwerty
That would be nice, i find transport differences, carrying kit back and the majority of people dont put aside the whole day. I large number have plans. Charlotte for example has to be back for the little ones arrival. Horses for courses, maybe both options need to be avalible?
--

October 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dan_The_Hat
Well Horatio generally ends up falling into the plot!
--

October 11, 2013 at 5:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.